Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Closer Look Meme

So, even though I tried to avoid being tagged as this meme was going around, laying low, keeping my comments with those who played to a disinterested minimum, somehow I was spotted huddling over in the corner by the oh-so-talented Annette. Since I'm an extremely good sport, I'm willingly participating, even though my pictures aren't nearly as enthralling, and my house isn't as pretty. This, folks, is The Closer Look Meme. A meme in pictures.


1. My kitchen sink. Now, I almost started out this whole thing dishonestly. When I learned that I'd been tagged, the first thing I thought was, "Oh, crap. I haven't done the dishes today." I had fully intended to lie and get my sink all shiny first, but then I figured I was just too tired to pretend today. I admit that I'm very lax about housework when my kids are gone for the summer. I'm busy doing other stuff. So, here's the gosh honest truth:


2. My fridge. Again, not so interesting. I hardly ever go shopping when my kids are gone either. Nothing much exciting here, except for all those delicious strawberries I got on sale, and can I just tell you that Yoplait's Fiber One yogurt, the Key Lime flavor is a treat?


3. My favorite shoes. I only have one perfect outfit that these shoes go with, but I love them. I feel chic and sexy and feminine when I wear them, and I always get compliments on them.



4. My bedroom closet. Of course, I share with my husband, and I tried to keep most of his side out of this picture. To the left is his little office, with a desk and two computers. And about 8 empty soda cans, 3 old bowls of cereal he ate late at night, a half-eaten Nutri-Grain bar, a stale bag of chips, and tons of papers that should be thrown away. He's not the tidy half of this relationship, lemme tell ya. But I love him anyway.


5. The laundry pile. In this, I am content. My kids do all their own laundry, so I only do mine and hubby's, and baby's. We have hampers in our bedrooms. This bucket in the laundry room is for towels, dishrags, and bibs, etc. So exciting.




6. What are my kids doing right now? Well, my three oldest are camping with their dad in Arizona. My two stepkids are with their mom. The lone Conor is here with me:




7. My favorite room: Yes, because it's where lots of the books are, the karaoke is in here, the music is in here (well, not the piano), the TV is in here, and the red couches are in here. It just feels happy to me in the family room.




8. My most recent purchase. Well, besides this impressive pile of hygiene products that I got for 72% off this week on the Grocery Game



. . . I guess it would be this book. My treat for the summer. (I don't really spend money on me.)



9. My dream vacation: Ha! Right now a weekend at Vegas would be a dream! But since I watched P.S.--I Love You, I'm dying to go to Ireland, and maybe do a castle tour.




10. A self-portrait.



Okay, there it is in all it's glory. Not so bad, I guess. I think I'll tag Laurie (because her life is never dull, so how could the pictures be?) and my cute sister Hannah, (because I keep checking her blog and she hasn't written in a while, so maybe this would get her going again.) Have fun!

8 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Thanks for playing! Love your red couch--I've got a red one too. Cute shoes.

I *just* finished The Host. You'll have to let me know what you think of it.

Laurie said...

Oh no Jenna! I've been avoiding this tag! I always love peeking into other people's homes though through this tag so I guess I can share also. I am dying to read The Host now. I love your shoes!!! And you are beautiful as always!

Misty said...

it wasn't bad at all. you are a brave, brave girl!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Love you all the more for doing this one!

Anonymous said...

Love your favorite room..it looks so cozy and comfy.

Anonymous said...

dear adam,
cereal bowls belong in the sink, and half eaten food and trash belong in the trash. poor jenna. I would not want those things near my clothes. worse than moths. now go be a good boy and clean the closet.

love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

dear adam,
cereal bowls belong in the sink, and half eaten food and trash belong in the trash. poor jenna. I would not want those things near my clothes. worse than moths. now go be a good boy and clean the closet.

love,
Amanda

Julie Wright said...

Loved it!!!! You are awesome!