1. My kitchen sink. Now, I almost started out this whole thing dishonestly. When I learned that I'd been tagged, the first thing I thought was, "Oh, crap. I haven't done the dishes today." I had fully intended to lie and get my sink all shiny first, but then I figured I was just too tired to pretend today. I admit that I'm very lax about housework when my kids are gone for the summer. I'm busy doing other stuff. So, here's the gosh honest truth:
2. My fridge. Again, not so interesting. I hardly ever go shopping when my kids are gone either. Nothing much exciting here, except for all those delicious strawberries I got on sale, and can I just tell you that Yoplait's Fiber One yogurt, the Key Lime flavor is a treat?
3. My favorite shoes. I only have one perfect outfit that these shoes go with, but I love them. I feel chic and sexy and feminine when I wear them, and I always get compliments on them.
4. My bedroom closet. Of course, I share with my husband, and I tried to keep most of his side out of this picture. To the left is his little office, with a desk and two computers. And about 8 empty soda cans, 3 old bowls of cereal he ate late at night, a half-eaten Nutri-Grain bar, a stale bag of chips, and tons of papers that should be thrown away. He's not the tidy half of this relationship, lemme tell ya. But I love him anyway.
5. The laundry pile. In this, I am content. My kids do all their own laundry, so I only do mine and hubby's, and baby's. We have hampers in our bedrooms. This bucket in the laundry room is for towels, dishrags, and bibs, etc. So exciting.
6. What are my kids doing right now? Well, my three oldest are camping with their dad in Arizona. My two stepkids are with their mom. The lone Conor is here with me:
7. My favorite room: Yes, because it's where lots of the books are, the karaoke is in here, the music is in here (well, not the piano), the TV is in here, and the red couches are in here. It just feels happy to me in the family room.
8. My most recent purchase. Well, besides this impressive pile of hygiene products that I got for 72% off this week on the Grocery Game
. . . I guess it would be this book. My treat for the summer. (I don't really spend money on me.)
9. My dream vacation: Ha! Right now a weekend at Vegas would be a dream! But since I watched P.S.--I Love You, I'm dying to go to Ireland, and maybe do a castle tour.
10. A self-portrait.