Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Alright, Already!

Blogland is amazing. All these friends I have, who apparently love me and care about me, and who have all sorts of confidence in me that sometimes I lack for myself.

Well, thank you. Your votes of encouragement and support literally brought me to tears of humility and gratitude last night. And besides the comments, I received several private emails, and a few phone calls as well. I think you all are wonderful.

I applied for school today. Glendale Community College. I have no doubt that they'll accept me, and I've lived here for more than 2 years, so residency is no problem. I'll be waiting to hear if they'll accept my former credits for some of those general ed classes. If they do, I'll have three Biology classes to take (yuck) before I can apply for the Nursing program.

I have no idea how I'll get there, but first things first, right?

Thanks for the push in the right direction.

14 comments:

YogaNana said...

Let me the first to say .... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Mom

LB said...

Grandma B wanted me to tell you how proud she is of you, and so are we. Good Luck Jenn!

family said...

Ok long story very short. I applied to grad school (George Washin U in DC!! - very expensive) Had NO IDEA how I would pay for it and all things worked out. Jeff and I both went to school for less than the cost of community college. Amazimg blessings can and will come. Have faith, pray and tell everyone you know that you need a car!!

Wonder Woman said...

WOW! You move fast and that's awesome!! I'm so excited for you! !!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!! Way to go!!

love the new template, too.

Abby said...

WOOO!!!!!!! Go Jenna!!! I'm so so SO proud of you!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for going for the brass ring.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You're amazing!

Sarah said...

Awesome! Good for you, Jenna!

dcr said...

congratulations! you've overcome the first and biggest obstacle...deciding and then doing!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I can't wait until Kaiti is done with school so that I can start. About the transportation: Is carpooling with fellow students an option?

Saint Holiday said...

The old man weeps for joy.
Love,
Dad

Tristi Pinkston said...

This is so exciting, Jenna! And it will all work out. When something is right, everything falls into place. You go, girl!

James and Angela said...

I know around where I live there are many people trying to save money on gas. I've heard about and seen postings on craiglist for carpooling. You can also check with the school to see about a bus pickup. The community college I went to had a shuttle that came to pick students up. What about online classes? One term I had all online classes and spent my days in my pajamas, writing. Something will work out!

Angela said...

Good for you! I have been out of town and missed the previous post.

Bravo for making the decision and doing something about it. IT WILL ALL WORK OUT! The more I rely on my Heavenly Father the more I realize he DOES make up the difference and he will help you and your family through this as well. Love you!