Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Don't Go!

Them. You. (I realized that I haven't blogged in over a week. Please don't stop coming!)

Yeah. So, see that picture up there? What a luxury that is, to have all 4 of my children sitting on one couch in my house. I won't have that again until Thanksgiving. That's why I haven't been blogging much. I've been crying. Well, that and keeping myself busy with things like massive yardwork so I won't sit around crying. These are tough times.

Dylan and Aiden spent last week at Scout Camp. Dylan earned his last merit badge for Eagle, plus one more, and was sick for part of camp. Now, all his dad has to do is help him with the Eagle Project. Motivated young scouter Aiden earned eight merit badges. And came home with the flu.

While the boys were gone, I got Lyndsay ready for her big adventure to Mexico. She left on Friday with my Maria and her family, and from what I hear, she's having a great time. Random people are taking pictures of her, and she's feeling very white, but she's having a great time.

Yesterday the boys and I began the job of cleaning out their room. We're going to rearrange bedrooms once Dylan moves, advancing Aiden to the top bunk and moving Conor from Lyndsay's room into the bottom bunk. We've got Dylan all packed up (*sniff!*) and most everything from the boys' room crammed into the hallway so we can paint later in the week. We all need a fresh start.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

He's going to see the grass is not greener on the other side. Whether or not he will admit it, only time will tell. Of course they are going to make life so much fun once he gets there. But they can't be the fun parents all the time. Your a great mom!

Andrea said...

I always love re-arranging rooms. Sounds like you have some good plans. Wishing you all the best with the new fresh start.

Luisa Perkins said...

We are rearranging bedrooms later this summer, too. I hope the busy-ness will distract me from my grief. xoxo