Monday, January 21, 2013

It May Not Look Like Much Right Now


Under that soil a miracle is about to take place. Planting a seed is an act of faith, and I needed one today. The weather was so gorgeous. Almost 80 degrees. In January. Which I tried not to be bitter about, and instead I was grateful for warm weather and a holiday from school (Thank you, Dr. King!) and seized the opportunity to put some seeds in the garden.


I decided to concentrate the plantings in the front bed and then I planted the Sugar Snap Peas I had left along two of the trellises. I also decided to forego the broccoli and cauliflower this time around, but I am trying a few cabbage plants, in a different bed than I grew brassicas last season. Crossing fingers on those.

So far, here is what I hope will emerge:

8 Ruben's Red lettuce
8 Black-Seeded Simpson lettuce
8 Lolla Rossa lettuce
8 Summer Bibb lettuce
8 Parris Island Cos lettuce
64 Chantenay carrot
32 Purple Dragon carrot
32 Atomic Red carrot
8 Bloomsdale spinach
16 Monstrueux De Viroflay spinach
4 Earliana cabbage
64 Green Onion
16 Five Color Silverbeet (Rainbow) chard
16 Fordhook Giant chard
63 Sugar Snap peas

Grow, little seeds, grow!

1 comment:

Luisa Perkins said...

Yay! I can't wait to get my box built so that I can follow suit.