Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter


He lives!

Conor may be figuring things out about the Easter Bunny. He's told me he doesn't think there really is one, that it's just me going out to the store late at night. I am neither confirming nor denying his accusations. As long as there's a bit of doubt, he can have the magic of childhood a little longer. He's always happy to find his basket, after all.


And Aiden is nearly impossible to stump. After six kids and nine Easters here in this house, the poor Bunny is about out of hiding spaces.


And even though Lyndsay wouldn't be home until that night, the Bunny still hid hers. See it up there behind her dolls? Yeah, so did she, almost right away. But only because her roommates, whom she brought home for the week, exclaimed, upon walking into her room, "Oh! Look at your dolls!"


I put together baskets for Lyndsay's roommates, feeling sad that they wouldn't be with their families. Come to find out, they were so excited because they'd never (never!!) had an Easter basket in their lives! Their families didn't do that tradition. So, they were really thrilled to get one this year!
(One of the roommates ended up not being able to come at the last second because of finals schedule. So, a basket is going back up to her.)


This is Emily and Abby. I love the girls that love my girl. It seriously can make me weepy, thinking about these special friends of my sweet Lyns. I'm so glad she has them. I've always had a soft spot for the friends of my children, even as they grow up.


Easter dinner was so delicious. Chantilly Potatoes.


Fresh Green Bean Salad.


Lion House Rolls. (That Conor rolled!)


An Easter feast!


On Monday, we finished up traditions. I made Navajo Tacos and all the kids ate two. It's so fun to feed a crowd!


Then we dyed eggs. I was hoping to get out of this tradition this year, to be honest. But late Saturday night, Conor asked if we could do it and started to cry when I told him I didn't think so. It broke my heart. He was really looking forward to it, and I should have known. I sent Adam to the store for one box of dye and two dozen eggs. He came back with three boxes of dye and a Dr. Pepper. Back to the store he went for the eggs. We held it off until we could do it for Family Home Evening with Lyndsay at home.










Abby's hedgehog egg. Love it!


So, dyeing eggs was not a tradition in either of their families either. What?!





And then, a delicious carrot cake for dessert.


I told the girls that in this house you get to cut your own piece of cake, no shame! Emily was happy to hear that:


I love a girl who will eat!

It's been such a great Easter weekend. We spent some time reading about out Savior and the record of the last days before his great atoning sacrifice, and then of his glorious resurrection. I love Him so very much, and want my heart to be more like His.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Jenna! You are such a good mom and so inspirational.
Love,

Jen :)