Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Break Project: St. Patrick's Day Care Packages


Yesterday I spent the rainy morning making rainbows.

One thing I love to do is send my children care packages. I like to make things for the children that live at home, too (and I did), but there is something so exciting to me about thinking about their surprise when they get a package from Mom, all filled with goodies and love. I don't usually do much more than make a green breakfast for St. Patrick's Day, but this year, I'd seen so many cute ideas, and since I had this week off from school, I decided to spend some time crafting up some Irish love for my little chickens.

First, some little rainbows and treasures.



Then some gold coins for luck.


I loved this idea, the whole rainbow in a jar, complete with the cloud on top and the gold at the bottom. (I'm a sucker for anything in a jar.) Once I saw it on Pinterest, I couldn't get it out of my mind. I had to make them, which is what spawned my desire to make everything else and make a whole care package out of them. The two big ones are for Lyndsay and Dylan. But I made medium ones for my visiting teaching sisters and Conor's teacher, and then I made the small ones for Aiden and Conor.


Sorting out all those bags of Skittles was some job, let me tell ya.


And then this cute idea. Sugar cereals are a treat around here.


So, I packaged up the goodies (with a few pairs of St. Patrick's Day socks for Lyndsay) and sent boxes off to Lyndsay and Dylan. (Hope they don't see this. And please don't tell them and ruin the surprise!)


In each box, I included a letter about how lucky I am to be their mom. That was a really fun project. And in only a few more weeks, it's time for Easter!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this idea! I may have to borrow it! Especially since St Patty's day falls on Sunday...how fun would it be to have the kids take them to their primary teachers?! Love you!

Luisa Perkins said...

SO fun! I saw Lyndsay's package when she took a photo of it. You're awesome.

Unknown said...

Wow that's actually a nice idea. I will surely like to have one. That Rainbow packages looks something very innovative. We at Day Care in Hyderabad do offer such chocolates but have not tried like this. Thanks for sharing the information and will surely try to bring out such ideas for everyone.