Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Easy Like a Sunday Morning"?

Since when is there anything easy about a Sunday morning? No woman trying to get her kids out the door for church wrote these lyrics, I can promise you that. Holy frijoles, Batman! I'd like to smack Lionel Richie.

This is what happens when you forget that babies should not have nuts before the age of 2, and your 13 month old eats (and then spits out!) a tiny, eensie weensie piece of a walnut. This is what he looks like about 45 minutes later, and what sends Mom rushing to the grocery store on Sunday morning for Benadryl (don't worry, gals, I had a coupon!) It took all day long for the swelling to go all the way down. Poor baby! Awful, I know.




8 comments:

Abby said...

Awww little baby Conor! Poor little man!! Aunt Abby will hug you and everything will be better! :)

Annette Lyon said...

Yikes! That's pretty much what my son looked like after sticking his hands in peanut butter and sucking on them when he was that age. Scary for sure.

Anonymous said...

hi jenna:
awh, hope the little guy (and mama) is doing better.

your post title and your batman words made me laugh aloud.

glad he's doing better.

and the song was probably written by someone who had servants plus to take care of any little ones, eh?

take good care,
kathleen

Jacquie said...

Oh the poor little guy.

Allergies run so rampant these days? I don't remember it ever being that bad when I was a kid and in school. I'm quite thankful my girls have escaped any sort of allergies (knock on wood)

YogaNana said...

A song by someone who slept in on Sundays and then went out to brunch.

Glad Conor's better, of course. Poor munchkin!

Unknown said...

Poor baby. Sounds like your Sunday was decidedly crazy. I'll pass on the message to Lionel Richie to lay low for awhile. (No, I don't know him, I'm being a smart aleck.)

Sarah said...

Eep...no fun!

As far as "Easy like a Sunday Morning"...those 2 words should NEVER have been in the same sentence together, let alone the same song...

Luisa Perkins said...

That Lionel Ritchie is clearly a childless heathen.

Poor lamb. You might want to think about getting an EpiPen to have on hand....