Friday, September 26, 2008

Little Bits of Happiness

1. I got a haircut. (finally!) Thanks, Adam! Funny how when you feel better about YOU it changes the way you do everything.


2. Adam and I went to the Los Angeles temple and had a wonderful experience. Contrary to my initial fears, it might have been even better because of the fact that it was a Spanish session.


3. I tried a new recipe. Creamed ham with cheddar biscuits. Sounds a bit gross, but it was actually good. And I had all the ingredients, which is a huge plus.

4. I read from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Farmer Boy to Aiden. Holy cow did children work hard in those days! And yet reading of their tireless work only gave me more energy to do my own.

5. I sat on the porch with Conor and watched the tree guys trim back an old tree next door for about an hour. When boys are born, they already love chainsaws.
6. I baked the most delicious carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.


7. Dylan and I worked on his Goals Poster together. That kid's got a good head on his shoulders. I needn't worry.


8. I got to attend the funeral of a family friend who died unexpectedly and far too young. It reminded me (once again) to not take one single day for granted.


9. On the way home from the dermatologist, Lyndsay and I stopped at McDonald's and shared some french fries and talked.

10. When Conor got the lipstick almost in the right place, I didn't even get mad, despite the fact that it was my favorite shade, and that I still haven't found where the actual tube is.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the new cut! Very cute!

The cupcakes look SOO yummy! I love carrot cake...especially w/cream cheese frosting!

I'd be interested in trying your ham and biscuits recipe. Can you post it? Or maybe email it to me?

Ritsumei said...

Oh my goodness, that last pictures is TOOOOOO funny!!!

Abby said...

Jenna, you're just way too cute. I love the hair! It's just darling, dahling!

Conor with the lipstick cracks me up! Calix gets into my makeup way too often..but never has he drawn an abe lincoln beard before! Very nice!

Laurie said...

I love your hair cut! You are beautiful! And those carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...my favorite. That's what I always choose for my birthday, but it didn't work out this year. I think I'm going to make some today! Yummy! You sound so happy! I hope you are doing good.

Wonder Woman said...

I remember many a time of going through the McDonald's drive-thru to get an ice cream cone. Good memories, those times.

LOVE the cut!

My 2 yo loves to get into my make-up. Particularly the lipstick. The some-what expensive kind (even when I get it 50% off) that DOESN'T come off. I try to remember to laugh and take pictures. They will be great blackmail someday!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Luuuurve the hair do! And oh my...creamed ham on biscuits. I haven't had that in years! Loved it growing up.

Your post made me smile.

And it made me hungry too.

Luisa Perkins said...

This post makes me so homesick for you. (Was that Whipped Berries?)

Anonymous said...

Your new haircut is adorable!! I love it.. can you mail me some of those amazing cupcakes?? YUM!!!