Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky

I turned the kids' scones green this morning for St. Patrick's Day. It's tradition to have a green breakfast on March 17th, around here, like most other homes, I suppose, but I wanted something other than green pancakes, or green eggs this year.

The unlucky news is that none of us owns any green clothing. Weird? Yesterday was Green Day at Conor's preschool, and I had a terrible time finding anything that he owned that had green in it. Why is that? And why can't they have Orange Day, because I have plenty of orange!

So, the kids headed out for school, ripe for the pinching. I wish them luck, on this Irish day.

I'm lucky:

I am in a good place with Adam. (Although that hasn't so much been because of luck, but rather a whole lot of hard work.)

I have a stack of books waiting to be read.

I almost have a year's supply of grains stored, and that makes me feel so lucky!

Conor gets to go to preschool.

I get to go to Time Out for Women in Fresno in a few weeks. (Thanks, Hilary!)

I have really bright children, who teach me, humble me, and make me proud.

I have the best friends ever. Really. You all should be so lucky.

6 comments:

Vennesa said...

I loved Time Out For Women in Ogden. I hope you have fun.
Breakfast looks interesting. :)

Megan said...

I have a gaggle of friends from Ridgecrest headed to TOFW in Fresno. Now I wish I were joining them... Perhaps Fresno would be the place to finally meet. LOL!

Luisa Perkins said...

I feel lucky to know and love YOU.

Raelene said...

Do you need a place to stay while you are there for TOFW?

amy turn sharp said...

life is good. ox

Saint Holiday said...

And you have a loving father.

Dad