Thursday, July 26, 2012

All Together Again: Day 1

Oh, Happy Day!  I barely slept last night, and was up early showering and getting ready to head down to the airport.  When my boys walked through the gate and my eyes first glimpsed them, I couldn't help the tears.  I am so glad they're here!  I haven't seen Dylan since Christmas (man, he's tall!) and I've missed Aiden so much this summer.  I have one week with all of them together before life really changes, and I want to soak up every minute of it.  

Today was low-key.  The kids played around in the livingroom, catching up, having a good time.  Mostly getting bossed around by Conor.  I took Dylan and Aiden for haircuts and then to get Dylan a few things he needed.  We ate stromboli for lunch and the zucchini cake I made for Dylan (his favorite).  In the evening I took the kids out to Descanso Gardens for the Thursday Night Summer Concert.  We packed a picnic dinner: Pasta Salad with Chicken, crackers and cheese, watermelon, peaches, strawberries, and Orange Cream sodas.  The music was Cuban Jazz.  Dylan wasn't so sure a picnic would be a fun idea, but we had a good time.  It's such a cool crowd out there on concert night.  We chatted, and the kids played Skip-Bo.  We brought Lyndsay's friend, Minely, with us as well.  I just  love looking from child to child, just watching them, noticing the changes that have taken place in their faces, their personalities.  Time goes so fast, and I sure miss days gone by.  I want my Dylan to know how very much I love him.  

Here are some pictures from the day:


















More fun tomorrow!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well it's not hard to see where your daughter gets her 'movie star' looks from! Glad you got to spend time all together!

Leslie said...

Dylan looks exactly like Adam did in high school! Enjoy your week with all your babies at home. Love you!

Luisa Perkins said...

Hoping it all goes well!

Jennifer said...

Lyndsay is so gorgeous!