Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Conor Learns to Swim


This is so exciting for me!  My lovely and generous friend, Luisa, invited Conor to join her children for swim lessons this summer.  Unbeknownst to her, this was an answer to prayer, as teaching Conor to swim has been on my list of things that I needed to find a way to accomplish.  I was so, so grateful and Conor was over-the-moon excited.  So for the last few weeks, we've been going to swim lessons, which has not only been fun for the kids, but a treat for me to sit and chat with such a good friend.

Yesterday, I walked by the pool toward the end of lessons, and lo and behold, Conor was swimming!  I was so excited!  There he was!  He has learned to kick off the wall, swim with his face in the water for a few strokes and then roll to his back and float for a few breaths, and then roll back and start swimming again.


Now, granted, he's not all that graceful yet, but my little guy is doing it!  I'm so proud of him for not being afraid, and for being a receptive, willing student.  One of my very favorite things about being a mother is watching my children learn new skills and seeing them grow in their capabilities and confidence.  This summer has been very satisfying in that way.  Yay for Conor!

No comments: