Monday, March 24, 2008

Oops, I did it Again...

So, when you factor in the humiliation and the fact that I now owe him $5 for emotional pain and suffering, I probably should have just paid the $7 to have the non-English speaking Armenian lady cut his hair. Poor Aiden.


It was a complete accident! He asked last night if I would cut his hair short and spikey, so I got out the clippers. Did a #3 on the bottom and a #6 on top. It was looking pretty sweet and I thought I just wanted to go over this one area to clip a few escapee hairs, when all of a sudden, the little black combie thing just fell off, and buzzzzzz went the clippers right across the back of his head.

"Oh, no!" I said.

Lyndsay looked at me and we both busted into laughter.

"That's two for two, Mom," Aiden said, referring to a similar landing-strip incident right down the center of Dylan's head a few years earlier. They both were such good sports, and handled it with a great sense of humor. I felt awful, but nobody could tell that from my fits of laughter and the tears streaming down my face.

"I'll fix it," I comforted. "Don't worry." Really, the only thing I could do was buzz the bottom off with a #1, and then pray it grows back really fast. It does look tons better, but we're just grateful that only people behind him can tell. That way he's sure to not see them laughing.


Lyndsay warns me I'm not to even think about touching her hair. No worries there.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing, seriously, because I can just imagine your expression when the thing fell off and off went his hair..

Your daughter may have a point..LOL

Abby said...

Hold on..hold on..I'm crying! I'm laughing so hard I have literal tears streaming down my cheeks! I could totally hear your laughter from here and I love love LOVE the "two for two" line. Ahh hahahhaha!!

Angela said...

Totally laughing here too! I cut my husband's hair and have done that at least 2 times, not quite as big of a patch but still a good sized slice! Good times! I wonder if he will ever ask again? LOL

Lesley said...

Oh goodness... that's funny. Luckily he's not a teen yet--that would be an unforgivable offense! I'm glad he's a good sport!

Anonymous said...

You know, I have a pact with my stylist. I won't cut my own bangs and she won't spay her cat.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Nice to see you Jenna. There's not enough time to keep up with everyone is there? Sigh.

Hee hee, I stopped cutting Miss E's hair as soon as she was old enough to judge, and I've never dared cut Miss M's as she has a bob. I bet he looks so cute thought. :D

Heather Moore said...

Definitely why I don't cut my son or my husband's hair :)

Unknown said...

Thats awesome. I can't wait til Kaiti lets me cut Mad Dogs hair. She has forbidden me at the moment but she'll cave eventually.

Leslie said...

This reminds me of when my husband tried to cut his hair by himself...Of all days on my "oma" Funeral..Lets just say, he didnt make it to her funeral. When I came home...I busted up laughing. All the hatred that had built up inside of me, because he didnt come to the funeral, had all left me when I saw his hair...I wish I would have taken a picture...lets just say I had to completly shave his hair off to fix it...

Laurie said...

You are so funny! And it's even funnier that this is not your first time. I have done this way too many times. My kids hate it when I say "oops". Just think how great you are cuz you were able to fix it.

Unknown said...

I must say this is exactly why I never picked up clippers to use.
I know I would do the same thing.

Shellie said...

That really made me laugh.

Pezlady Jana said...

OH my Gosh that cracks me up!! You rock!

Lori said...

Hey Jenna! I just figured out this blog thing, so hopefully I'll remember to check in on you. You are ALWAYS good for a laugh and I must say, after reading your blogs, you are soooo talented and should enter your stuff not only in the Ensign, but the Reader's Digest. Your stuff is so much funnier than theirs! ;) I love you lots! Aunt Lori
P.S. Poor Aiden, even looking like a newly sheered sheep, he's adorable!