Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wise Beyond His Years


It was dark and cold and wet from rain, and I didn't want to walk by myself to get my 10,000 steps for today (Sundays are always a challenge). I asked the older kids if they wanted to come to the track with me, and they eagerly accepted my offer.

Dylan opened the van doors for Lyndsay and for me, the prince that he is, and as he climbed into the back seat he said,

"I think I get how to make a girl happy."

"Oh yeah?" I asked, intrigued.

"Just two things, really. First, tell her you love her, and second, do whatever she says."

That's about right. Good think he gets it young. His future wife owes me big time.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry for the impersonal comment, but I thought you'd understand. I see you are a follower of Angie’s blog, Keep Believing. We have set up a way for friends and family to help from a distance. Please check out http://keepbelievingfund.blogspot.com/ if you’d like.

Annette Lyon said...

If only MEN knew this . . .

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh the brilliance of the boy!

Rachel Sue said...

His wife really is one lucky woman!

Wonder Woman said...

LOL!! This is classic. You've definately got a smart one over there!!