Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Letter


Dear Adam,

My prince. You are strong, brave, calm, and focused. I needed that from you over the last several weeks, and you were there for me. I am so grateful to you that you were there with me this week. I couldn't have done it without you. Not just court, but the drive, the snow, the unexpected kinks in the chain. Alone, they would have been so stressful. Together, they were an adventure. And we laughed. I love laughing with you. Thank you for so much laughter.

I see you working tirelessly for me, for our family, for your dreams. I see your devotion and the purity of your heart. I see you not bending in the face of adversity and opposition. I see you relying on the Lord, on your faith, and on prayer. Your strength gives me hope, even when things are hard. When I see you praying, I know everything will be alright, deep down inside of me.

I love the way you love me. You give me the freedom to be me. You stand amazed at me, and it fills me with the desire to be more amazing for you. Thank you for teaching me a better way to love. Thank you for being patient as I learn. The way you look at me, the way you touch me, the way you listen to me. You melt me. You are the perfect combination of tender and tough. Thank you for making me feel safe. I want to be your queen.

We have every reason to not be in love. We have had everything work against us, trying to break us, trying to destroy us, and yet, here we are. You and me against the world. That song I used to sing in jest, has become sort of prophetic. And here we are. We have survived just about everything in the almost four years that we've known each other.

And I love you.

I love you, my Adam. I love you. I love being your sweetheart. Thank you for loving me.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Love,
Jenna

5 comments:

Abby said...

Awww!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Oh, what a beautiful letter!

Josi said...

Ahh, sniff, sniff.

YogaNana said...

So glad things have turned around!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Beautiful, Jenna, simply beautiful!