Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's a Celebration!

So, I was so thrilled to have moved up in rank on Cre8buzz to a single digit number, that I thought a celebration was in order, and what's a celebration without cake? My children are all so proud of me (but they could be faking for the sake of German chocolate cake), and my husband said he always knew I was a "top ten girl". I'm #9! I'm #9!
Lyndsay baked the cake for me. It has nine 9's, with each of the smaller 9's being made of nine chocolate chips each. She gets that pesky little OCD thing from me. tee hee.
If we look a little grubby, that's only because we'd just gotten back from walking nine victory laps around the track at the high school. Kidding! What do you think I am, some kind of freak? We only did 6! (which is an upside-down 9.) Here we all are, holding up nine fingers each! What a cheerleading squad I've got!

11 comments:

Jenna said...

Man, don't enlarge that last picture. Talk about psycho eyes! Adam (taking the picture) was making us all laugh, and now I look like some sort of crazy!

Sarah said...

doh! Did Conor dig in early? Looks like he's thiefing some choco chips from one of those 9's!!

Anonymous said...

jenna:
you are a hoot.
i am not even surprised that you all held up 9 fingers each, too.

and you know when you tell someone not to do something, of course they will. how did you get conor to hold up nine also?

happy nine to you. now i expect to see 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 cakes over the next several days ha. thanks for telling me about 8buzz. i like it. you are a riot, kathleen

YogaNana said...

Oooh, thanks for the suggestion! I enlarged it right away. :o)

Congrats on the 9.

Love,
Mom

Jenna said...

Sarah...good eye! Yep, he reached right in and hooked himself up with some chocolate. (He gets that from my side of the family.)

Luisa Perkins said...

I so adore you.

Anonymous said...

jenna:
i kid you not. tonight after work, i ran by the grocery store before going home and there it was. a lone balloon (everything had already been picked) and it was just a big blown up number nine! they were thinking of you girl! kathleen

ps. no, i did not buy it to send to you. how would you mail a huge balloon anyway?? i am too good to you, so i have to start being mean, so you don't get too complacent. ha. teasing ya.

Annette Lyon said...

Way to go, woman! 6 is an upside down 9 indeed . . . sounds like something I'd do.

... said...

congratulations on being #9. it looks yummy =]

Ritsumei said...

I almost didn't comment... I'll take it past 9, but thought it'd be fun to say CONGRATS, and to tell you how tasty-cool that cake looks!

Anonymous said...

awesome jenna! i see you have reached number 6!!! you could just turn your cake 9 picture upside down and you have your blog post photo for the day!

yay jenna 6!

hope you are well and thriving and happy tonight, kathleen :)