Monday, October 22, 2007

Popular! I know about Popular!


Just a little joke from my favorite musical, Wicked, but I do know the secret to being a popular mommy. Just set up a Halloween treats workshop at your dining room table and let the kids have fun! Here is our latest batch of goodies for this year's holiday.

That's right, I made brain cupcakes. They were delicious. Chocolate brains.


Yummy Mummy bites.





And lest you think I'm some sort of creative genius, I'm not. I get all my ideas from places like Family Fun magazine. But we make it look good!



8 comments:

Madam Crunchypants said...

How much fun is that?! I love those witches in the top picture.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

What a fun time! I'm planning on something similar for my scouts next week.

Jacquie said...

That is fun!! Now what is the green stuff on the yummy mummy bites? I would love to make those for my DD's Gr 1 class.

Anonymous said...

My daughter wants to go to your house too. She saw the food. yum

Jenna said...

Jacquie, The "green stuff" is sour green apple gum tape. It comes in a roll inside a canister, and I had to look at 8 stores before I found it. We finally found it at a gas station, so check there first! The little bites are brownies baked in a mini-muffin tin, frosted, and then M&M eyes, and the sour apple tape. (You have to cut the gum in half lengthwise or it's too wide) Have fun!

Jacquie said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm so onto the hunt now LOL.

Laurie said...

These are Great! You are the coolest mom! You make it look so fun and effortless. I'm debating whether I could pull it off as smoothly as you did or if it would be better to just invision a great family activity in my mind and leave it at that. Thanks for sharing your fun!

Annette Lyon said...

My kids would get a serious kick out of brain cupcakes.